Schedule of Appearances: 2005
NOTICE: TIME OUT!
I am giving myself a 75th birthday present: a holiday from running
around making speeches, doing gigs, doing signings. I'm calling it a
sabbatical, so it should last a year at least maybe longer. A
couple of engagements have already been made for 2005 (the AWP in
Vancouver in April, the SFRA in Las Vegas in June, PEN USA in November, a few local appearances). But that's
I wanted to announce it, for three reasons:
- So people, seeing an empty calendar, wouldn't assume I was, like,
you know, dead.
- To prevent people from wasting their time and mine inviting me to
come to their meeting/conference/con/commencement/whatever. I won't.
I'm sure it will be a wonderful event and I wish it all the best, but
please: invite somebody else.
- Because I'm happy about it. Time to write! What better present
can a writer get?
« 2005 »
- Wrigley-Cross Books, reading from Gifts. Portland, OR. March 5, 2005.
- AWP, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. March 30 - April 2, 2005. Reading: Saturday, April 2, 2005.
- Celebrating Poetry Month at Portland State University, Millar Library, a
reading of twelve poets to celebrate Poetry Month. Saturday, April 16, 2005.
- Wordstock Literary Festival, Portland, OR. April 23-24, 2005.
- Science Fiction Research Association, Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada. June 23 - 26, 2005.
USA Awards Dinner, Wednesday, Los Angeles, CA. 9 November 2005.
- Audubon Wild Arts Festival book signing. Portland, OR. Saturday, November 26, 2005.
« 2005 »
Copyright © 2005 by Ursula K. Le Guin