Onsite/Offsite Links to Works by Ursula K. Le Guin
- “The Elders at the Falls,” a poem by UKL, in Stone Telling, Issue 1, September 2010
- Ursula K. Le Guin & Elinor Armer: Lockerbones/Airbones: Poetry by Ursula K. Le Guin, music by Elinor Armer
- Poem: “The Palindromedary”
- “On David Hensel’s Submission to the Royal Academy of Art”
- “The Skin,” a new poem by UKL at Book View Café.
- “Finding my Elegy,” at Poetry Daily. (From Northwest Review, Volume 45, Number 3.)
- “For Judith,” at Gay Utopia, reprinted from Going out with Peacocks and Other Poems
- Three Poems from Wild Angels: “Ars Lunga,” “The Young,” “Tao Song.” Audiofiles, read by the author.
- “Wild Oats and Fireweed,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
- “The Cactus Wren,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
- “April in San José,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
“Invocation,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
“Dance Song,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
“Futurology,” Other Voices, Vol. 28 (August 2007)
“Extinction,” Origin, Sixth Series, Issue 4, including a poem by Ursula K. Le Guin. Longhouse Publications. [5.75Mb PDF], 5 July 2007
“The Vigil for Ben Linder”
“Crows” (November 2006)
“Learning the Name” (November 2006)
“Intimations” (November 2006)
“Every Land” (November 2006)
“A Measure of Desolation: February 2005”
“In the Third Year of the War”
“From the Tent on the Volcano: July 2005”
“American Wars,” Poets Against the War:
“Coast Range 3/3/03,” PoetryMagazine.com
“Nine Lines, August 9,” PoetryMagazine.com
“Talk Shows,” PoetryMagazine.com
Excerpts from Selected Poems of Gabriela Mistral, translated by Ursula K. Le Guin
“This Stone,” Always Coming Home
“A Meditation in the Eighth House in Early Spring by Ire of Sinshan,” Always Coming Home
Stories & Excerpts On and Offsite
Two Excerpts from Kalpa Imperial, by Angélica Gorodischer, translated by Ursula K. Le Guin. Small Beer Press
- Kalpa Imperial: Excerpt from Portrait of the Emperor, by Angélica Gorodischer, translated by Ursula K. Le Guin, at Fantastic Metropolis
- The Lathe of Heaven
- Annals of the Western Shore: Voices
- Always Coming Home
- Stone Telling, Part I, at University of California Press
- The Birthday of the World: “Coming of Age in Karhide”
- The Birthday of the World: “The Matter of Seggri”
- The Birthday of the World: “Unchosen Love”
- The Birthday of the World: “Mountain Ways”
- The Birthday of the World: “Solitude”
- The Birthday of the World: “Old Music and the Slave Women”
- The Birthday of the World: “The Birthday of the World”
- The Birthday of the World: “Paradises Lost”
- Changing Planes: “The Seasons of the Ansarac,” at Infinite Matrix
- The Other Wind: Excerpt 1
- The Other Wind: Excerpt 2
- Tales from Earthsea: Excerpt from “Dragonfly”
- The Telling: Excerpt
- A Wizard of Earthsea, Chapter 10: “The Open Sea” [5Mb MP3] Audio excerpt, read by the author.
- Buffalo Gals and Other Animal Presences: “She Unnames Them.” Audiofile, read by the author.
“Daughter of Odren,” a new Earthsea story in ebook format. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
“The Silence of the Asonu,” at Lightspeed Magazine, January 2011.
- “Findings,” a short story by Ursula K. Le Guin, at Moondance, May 2007.
Essays, Notes, & Comments
Book Reviews by UKL
- The real uses of enchantment — UKL reviews The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie, at Guardian Unlimited, Saturday March 29, 2008.
- The shelf-life of shadows — UKL reviews People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks, at The Guardian, Saturday, January 19, 2008.
- Sigmund and the blind seer: UKL Reviews Girl Meets Boy, by Ali Smith, and
Where Three Roads Meet, by Salley Vickers, at Guardian Unlimited, 8 December 2007
- Head Cases — UKL reviews The Stone Gods, by Jeanette Winterson. The Guardian, 22 September 2007.
- The soldier’s grave — UKL reviews Penelope Lively’s Consequences. The Guardian, 16 June 2007.
- The Baby-Snatchers — UKL reviews Suffer the Little Children, by Donna Leone, at the Manchester Guardian, May 2007.
- Saved by a Squirt — UKL reviews The Cleft by Doris Lessing. The Guardian, 17 March 2007.
Revolution in the aisles — UKL reviews J.G. Ballard’s Kingdom Come. The Guardian, 9 September 2006.
- Mermaid on dry land — UKL reviews Margaret Drabble’s The Sea Lady at The Guardian, 22 July 2006.
- Ledoyt, by Carol Emshwiller: A Review by Ursula K. Le Guin
Movies & TV: Essays, Interviews
Website Copyright © 2017 Ursula K. Le Guin