Ursula K. Le Guin
Getting In Touch With Me: Changes
Changes in my representation: See Professional Requests.
Changes in my ability to reply to letters, acknowledge
books or gifts, or send autographs: See Personal Mail.
“. . . .”
I pick this peach up
from where it fell full ripe
beneath its tree — Eat it
in near-September sunlight, and sticky-
fingered, transform its fullness,
this sunwarmed wonder, into words.
— Caroline Le Guin
. . . .
New on the Website
& New Offsite Links
- The Paris Review interviews Ursula K. Le Guin, The Art of Fiction No. 221,
Interviewed by John Wray
4 December 2013
- Ursula K. Le Guin Chases Flying Squirrels #31: “As Time Runs Out, Trapped Ideas Find Freedom”
3 December 2013
Holiday Sale at PM Press includes UKL’s The Wild Girls. Paperback Plus includes free ebook with book purchase. Use the coupon code "Holiday" for 50% off all PM titles.
30 November 2013
- Entertainment Weekly staff pick: The Best YA Novel of All Time, by Darren Franich, 19 November 2013
26 November 2013
- Book View Café presents “The New Atlantis” ebook.
19 November 2013
An Interview with Ursula K. Le Guin, conducted by Alexandra Manglis at Wave Composition.
10 November 2013
- 10 Reasons Why Le Guin's Earthsea Books Can Still Change Your Life, by Charlie Jane Anders, io9.com
6 November 2013
- Impact of Imagination on Society Award from the Arthur C. Clarke Foundation, to Ursula K. Le Guin
4 November 2013
- Interview with Karabatak 9.
In Turkish [3.1Mb PDF]
27 October 2013
- Imaginative Anthropology: In Celebration of Ursula K. Le Guin, by Leah Schnelbach at tor.com
22 October 2013
Peninsulas and Islands: A Tale for Coastal Communities, a review by Margaret Hammitt-McDonald of North Coast by Charles A. Le Guin. Signed copies available at Jupiter’s Books in Cannon Beach.
16 October 2013
Deirdre Byrne: What Is Not Owned: Feminist strategies in Ursula Le Guin’s poetry. Foundation, the International Review of Science Fiction, Vol. 41, #114, Spring 2012/13.
5 October 2013
- Ursula K. Le Guin Encourages Stealing, Went to High School With Philip K. Dick, by Ryan Britt, at tor.com
1 October 2013
- From the Stacks: Ursula K. Le Guin Reviews Italo Calvino's “Italian Folktales”, The New Republic.
21 September 2013
- Schedule update
12 September 2013
- The Oregonian profiles UPFOR, Theo Downes-Le Guin’s new Portland gallery: In the new Pearl District gallery Upfor, art will reflect on technology, by Sara Hottman, The Oregonian.
3 September 2013
- TOP SHELF: 12 Best of the U.S.: The Left Hand of Darkness, by David Bowles, The Monitor
23 August 2013
- The Real and Unreal: Ursula K. Le Guin, American Novelist — A major essay by Julie Phillips (author of James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon)
2013 Featured link
Major Titles PDF [Printer-friendly PDF, 60Kb, Updated January 2013],
Biographical sketc PDF [printer-friendly],
“Read by the Author,”
Publicity photos from Laura Anglin.
Interesting Things Done by People Named Le Guin
Peninsulas and Islands: A Tale for Coastal Communities, a review by Margaret Hammitt-McDonald of North Coast by Charles A. Le Guin. Signed copies available at Jupiter’s Books in Cannon Beach. [North Coast excerpts]
- The Peach Poem, by Caroline Le Guin
- Notes on the Way/Apuntes en el viaje — Elisabeth C. Le Guin blogs on her experiences living in Mexico City the summer and autumn of 2013.
- UPFOR, Theo Downes-Le Guin’s new Portland gallery.
- The Frontier Fandango, Mexico/California
Every year people meet at the edge of the ocean, on the two sides of the fence between the two countries, to sing, play, and dance the music of Vera Cruz called “son jarocho.” My daughter Elisabeth has been learning this music, and this year she took a video camera to the Fandango. The fence is so high and now so thick that the people can barely see one another, but the music and love and grief and longing come through, loud and clear.
“The Video...” by Elisabeth Le Guin
Please click on covers for more information